Holidays Considered for OHIP Billing 2021/2022
When are the OHIP billing holidays fall on weekends in 2021/2022?
Holidays for Non "H" prefix Emergency Department:
- Christmas Day: Both the Friday before - December 24th and the following Monday - December 27th will be considered a Holiday
- New Years Day: The Ministry would consider either the Friday before (December 31st) OR the following Monday (January 3rd) – as determined at the choice of the physician.
Holidays for "H" prefix Emergency Department:
- Christmas Day: The Friday before - December 24th will be considered a Holiday
- New Years Day: The Ministry would consider the Monday following New Years Day (January 3rd).
- December 25 through December 31 (inclusive)
As per the SoB, page GP3 (screenshot below):
When are the OHIP Cut-off Dates and OHIP Payment Dates?
Go to our OHIP Cut-off dates and OHIP payments dates page to see the current year. From that page, you can also access the previous year's calendar.