Import OHIP Claims Using a Spreadsheet
Data entry can be very tedious. To save time, we created a feature to import claim information into our system. There are two options to import your claims.
1. Use our spreadsheet template, which outlines all the data required to create a claim with the Ministry of Health.
2. Upload your own spreadsheets and create spreadsheet templates.
Some common use cases for this feature are:
- Export patient/claim records from your EMR and import them into MDBilling.ca. No need to re-enter the information in our system.
- Billing the same patients repeatedly over a period of time. It may be easier to edit a spreadsheet on a monthly basis rather than creating a claim record manually each time. ie/ Long term care patients, where you bill the same code once per month. Using a spreadsheet, you can simply edit the service date on a monthly basis, and then import the file into our system.
To Import Claims Using the MDBilling.ca Template:
- Click Import Claims on the left menu.
- Click the MS Excel icon to download the template.
- Once all the claim information is entered in the spreadsheet, click Choose File to select the file to upload
- Click Submit to upload the spreadsheet
Once the spreadsheet is uploaded, you can manage your claims in MDBilling.ca like any other claims you have added to your account.
To Import Claims Using Your Own Template:
- Select Import Claims on the left menu.
- Select Manage Spreadsheet Templates
- Select Create New Template
- Select Upload File, upload your Excel spreadsheet
- Name your template and map each column based on the data in your spreadsheet and click Save
- To upload the new spreadsheet, select File Type = the template you just created
- Upload File and click Submit
- Once the spreadsheet is uploaded, you can manage your claims in MDBilling.ca like any other claims you have added to your account.
For the common uploading error and solution, please see Import Claims - Upload Errors.
For more billing tips, please check out our OHIP Billing Tip Library.
Questions? Check under the HELP tab or send an email to email@example.com.