Submit an OHIP billing debit request
When a claim is in process or has been paid and you realize it has been submitted in error, you can submit requests to debit the claim.
1. Select a Paid or Submitted claim and click on the Accounting ID
2. Click on the Note icon to enter a note with the reason for the debit request (e.g. "Incorrect date of service" or "Duplicate billings")
Please note the other fields in the claim will be cloned from the original claim in order for the MSP system to find the matched claim record.
3. Click "Update" to add the note to the claim.
4. Click "Save and Submit" to submit the debit request.
What will happen to the Debit Request claims?
The Debit Request claims will be returned in the next remittance with explanatory code D0 - Match found for Debit Request Record.
What will happen to the original claims?
· If the original claim has not yet been paid (i.e. under "Submitted" status), it will be returned in the next remittance as "Refused" with explanatory code XH - Claim returned as indicated in Debit Request Record.
· If the original claim has already been paid, it will be returned in the next remittance with a negative dollar value and explanatory code D3 - Payment withdrawn as indicated in Debit Request Record.