Question: How do I submit K087 / K088 / K089 without patient info?
IMPORTANT! According to OHIP Bulletin 230305, uninsured community fee codes (K087, K088, and K089) for services provided after March 31, 2023, are not eligible for payment. Physicians will have 6 months from the date of service to submit these three temporary fee codes for services provided up to and including March 31, 2023.
To submit these codes in our system, you can create a dummy patient for codes that are not patient-specific.
- Create a dummy patient with the health card value of 9777777779 (with any name and DOB)
- Create a new claim with this patient
- When the claim is ready to be submitted to the Ministry, we will exclude the patient details entered.
- The codes cannot be billed using one of the COVID-19 Assessment Centre group billing numbers.
- The codes cannot be billed with a Service Location Indicator of ‘OTN’.
- Physicians will be paid Fee-For-Service for the above K-codes.
- No additional premiums or payment will be allowed with these codes.
- The fee billed on the claim should equal the value of the service multiplied by the number of patients serviced. For example, if K087 is claimed for 3 patients seen during the same day, the fee billed should be $71.25 (3 x $23.75).
For more details about the billing rules regarding these codes, please refer to the OHIP Bulletin# 4756.
You can also find more information in our COVID-19 OHIP medical billing support section.