Change Your Medical Practice Address in Ontario
Under the Ontario Health Insurance Act, all physicians are required to notify the Ministry for every place of practice. You need to identify primary, secondary and other practice addresses, including when those dates became effective.
More information about Mandatory Address Reporting for Physicians.
Note: Your billing number may be suspended should the Ministry try to send you mail but it is returned to them (this is important for newly licensed physicians and fellows who may move between practice locations)
To change your practice and mail locations follow these instructions:
1) Complete and sign the OHIP change of address form form
- Primary Practice Address - the site at which you will see the majority of your patients.
- Additional Site Address - additional places where you see patients (complete more sheets if necessary)
- Mailing Address - for ministry correspondence to be sent if different than the primary practice address (must be a Canadian address).
2) Submit your form
- By email (best method): Scan originals and send by email: ProviderRegistration.MOH@ontar
io.caTip: You can use popular scanning apps on your smartphone to scan the documents. Popular free scanning apps you can use are Tinyscan or TurboScan.
- By fax to: 613-545-5848
- By mail:
Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
Claims Services Branch, Provider Registry Unit
P.O. Box 68, Kingston, ON K7L 5T3