How to set up two-factor authentication (2FA) with MDBilling.ca
Set up two-factor authentication to keep your account extra secure. Two-factor authentication means that you'll need two forms of identification to log into your MDBilling.ca account: your login credentials and a unique 6 digit PIN generated by us sent to you over SMS/Text or email.
Two-factor authentication adds an extra step to your MDBilling.ca login process, but the security benefits make it worthwhile.
- You'll need to have your mobile device or email accessible.
- Navigate to Settings --> Passwords --> Enable Two-Factor Authentication.
- Choose either SMS/Text (better security) or email
- You will be sent a unique 6 digit PIN. Note: the 6 digit PIN expires after 5 minutes.
- Enter the 6 digit PIN
Next time you log in, a unique 6 digit PIN will be generated and sent to either you over SMS/Text or email.
For subsequent login attempts within 90 days, we will not ask you for your PIN.
Keep mind we use browser cookies to determine the last time you logged in. A unique 6 digit PIN will be generated and required under the following circumstances:
- 90 days have passed since you last entered your 6 digit PIN.
- You log in with a different browser.
- You use a shared computer (another MDBilling.ca user utilizes the same browser to login).
- You open your browser in private/incognito mode.