How to set up two-factor authentication (2FA) with MDBilling.ca
What is Two-factor authentication?
Two-factor authentication (2FA) requires two pieces of identity before allowing you to sign in to your account. This helps to ensure you are who you say you are and that your password is still controlled by you. Once configured, in addition to your password, MDBilling.ca will ask you to provide a code when you log into a new device or 90 days has passed since you last entered two-step authentication.
- You'll need to have your mobile device or email accessible.
- Navigate to Settings --> Passwords --> Enable Two-Factor Authentication.
- Choose either SMS/Text (better security) or email
- You will be sent a unique 6 digit PIN. Note: the 6 digit PIN expires after 5 minutes.
- Enter the 6 digit PIN
Next time you log in, a unique 6 digit PIN will be generated and sent to either you over SMS/Text or email.
For subsequent login attempts within 90 days, we will not ask you for your PIN.
Keep mind we use browser cookies to determine the last time you logged in. A unique 6 digit PIN will be generated and required under the following circumstances:
- 90 days have passed since you last entered your 6 digit PIN.
- You log in with a different browser.
- You use a shared computer (another MDBilling.ca user utilizes the same browser to login).
- You open your browser in private/incognito mode.
Read more about our privacy and security practices.