OHIP Billing Tip #22 - Out of Province/Country Billing


How to bill out of province patients in Ontario

To bill an out of Province patient when entering the patient's profile, choose "RMB" for the payment program for Canadian provinces (except for Quebec), and then choose the province (e.g. BC = British Columbia).

For all other patients (Quebec, Out of Country), use "PRV", this is just for record-keeping in our system. The user will need to send a private invoice for Quebec and Out of Country patients.

Please be advised that Quebec patients are billed differently. Here's how to complete the medical bill for Quebec patients.

1. Fill out the below form Out of Province Claim form for Quebec patients$File/0000-80E_.pdf

2. Mail to:
Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec
Service de l'application des programmes (Q037)
Case postale 6600
Québec (Québec)
G1K 7T3

For more billing tips, please check out our OHIP Billing Tip Library.

Questions? Check under the HELP tab or send an email to

Thank you, Ltd.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful