We believe privacy & security is an ongoing process of a business function. Here's a summary on how we protect your patient data:
Technical data protection:
- Our software has conducted conformance testing with MOHLTC for security and reliability.
- Your data is hosted at Microsoft Azure, a secure and reliable data centre located in Ontario.
- Your data is encrypted both in transit and at rest.
- Your data is backed up hourly.
- We conduct frequent vulnerability and malware scanning
- We have implemented two-factor authentication (2FA) for our clients. How do I enable this?
- We have implemented more granular audit logs to see who has accessed your patient records.
- We have implemented an advanced Web Application Firewall (WAF).
- All of our staff have taken privacy training.
- We have implemented numerous internal policies, including incident and access management protocols.
3rd party assessment:
With the help of an external consultant, MDBilling.ca has completed a Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) and a Threat Risk Assessment (TRA) to ensure we meet privacy laws.
Our commitment is to continue to invest in resources to ensure that we protect your patient data.