How to use our Excel spreadsheet claim import file
I'm trying to move from manually entering claims to using the importer Spreadsheet you provided before I do that I have some questions:
- Do I have to use the Sheet provided by you, or can I use an excel sheet exported from our EMR database with all fields sorted in the same order?
- After uploading the sheet, will I be able to see the claims, their status and maybe adjust some of the same ways as when submitting manually?
- How to enter a premium code and relate it to the original code?
1. In theory, you can do it... however, it is best to use our spreadsheet (cut and paste from your EMR output). Many people miss columns/rows, and the wrong information will be imported.
2. Absolutely. They will be set in SAVED status.
3. For fixed-price premiums, enter in the spreadsheet as usual. However, for % premiums, you will have to go into the claim, and then attach it to a Parent Premium.
As a way to test the system, try uploading 4 patient claims.. if there are any mistakes, you can simply delete those records. Once you are comfortable, you can start uploading a larger amount of claims.