Steps to Take to Get Your OHIP Billing Number
Register with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care to get your billing number. Below are the steps:
1. Complete and sign the Application for OHIP Billing Number for Health Professionals form
*Tip: Primary practice = where you currently work or plan to work the majority of your time.
2. Attach a copy of a blank cheque with "VOID" written on it (to set up direct deposit)
3. Attach a copy of a valid Certificate of Registration with a governing body
4. Submit your application via one of the following ways:
- By email (best method): Scan originals and send by email: ProviderRegistration.MOH@ontar io.ca Tip: You can use popular scanning apps on your smartphone to scan the documents. Popular free scanning apps you can use are Tinyscan or TurboScan.
- By fax to: 613-545-5848
- By mail:
Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
Claims Services Branch, Provider Registry Unit
P.O. Box 68, Kingston, ON K7L 5T3
It can take up to 6 weeks for your billing number to be issued. You will receive a letter from the MOHLTC confirming your registration, and an invitation to set up your MCEDT/Gosecure account.
Also, our guide to OHIP billing provides all the steps you need to take in order to start your practice. If you need further information about setting up a new medical practice or selecting an OHIP billing software the guide is a good place to start.
Other questions? Feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org